[lbo-talk] Re: Sadrism, in qualified defence of

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Thu Aug 31 12:17:20 PDT 2006

Dear List:

Yoshie writes:

> Human beings always change

Here we will disagree. I am convinced more each day that most people change only with great reluctance.

> . . . so it's not that you can trust a leader just because he
agrees to do something, and it's not that there is no hope if he doesn't agree right away.

But it is always a good strategy to get agreement up front so that you then have a chit in your favor as time progresses.

I think this is even more important when you are dealing with individuals who claim a religious authority or mandate.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister