[lbo-talk] Sistani, Elections, and Sectarianism (was Poll: They really don't want us there)

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 31 23:39:17 PDT 2006

--- joanna <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

> Tony Soprano is a fictional character; heads of
> state are real people
> dealing with real events in real time.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here. Do you mean it's wrong to make a comparison between the behavior of a fictional sociopath and real-life ones? Or more generally that allusions to works of fiction, art, music etc. should be left out when discussing political topics?

> Communism is a word that doesn't mean jack shit
> until people try to make
> something real; when they do, you evaluate the
> outcome.

Is there a movement or group of peoples on earth right now that you think is striving for communism?