[lbo-talk] Re: How easy is it to get polonium 210?

Yann Morvan morvany at cs.tcd.ie
Fri Dec 1 06:46:10 PST 2006

> Chriss wrote:
>
> Fiddling with the conversion factors (1 curie =
> 37,000,000,000 becquerels) we find that each of those
> static brushes contains 9,250,000,000 becquerels of
> radioactivity, or c. 9.25 gigabecquerels

Putting my recently practiced skillz of keyboard to SUV mileage conversion to use, I compute that you would need to decorticate 100 brushes (it's micro curies, not milli curies). It's not that many but I suspect the difficulty is in the "metal matrix" term. I don't know what it means but it's probably there to make absolutely sure the radioactive particles don't go flying all around the dark chamber. I don't have an opinion on who did it.