[lbo-talk] LBO 2008 Dem POTUS poll

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Fri Dec 1 10:05:57 PST 2006

At around 1/12/06 12:07 pm, Doug Henwood wrote:
> On Dec 1, 2006, at 10:49 AM, ravi wrote:
>
>> Right! Note a bunch of things:
>
> Excuses, excuses. You sound like the Republicans on the morning of Nov
> 8.

Huh?! We (left) invented whining!!! The Republicans get to copy it once in a while when their excesses become unflattering.

> The drill won, comrades.

Indeed it did. Unlike Carrol I actually think the "drill" serves a different purpose. It's a method of venting for the frustrated, a release valve, that makes it possible for them to then return to terra firma and choose a candidate. Note that the choice made by the real-world majority, "none of the above", was available from the start on the LBO poll. And this is a fairly radical "far left" group (LBO) we are talking about here.

> That accomplished, I will look highly askance on discussion of the Dem
> primary until 1/1/08. It is a total waste of time ...

As opposed to? ;-)

My thanks to Wojtek for the Wikipedia link on IVR.

--ravi