[lbo-talk] Re: Islamophobia

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Fri Dec 1 11:11:21 PST 2006

On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 01:15:10PM -0500, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:
> Martin:
>

> In that vein, there was something that I pondered during my morning
> perambulation - the 70 odd virgins that are widely reported to be a
> feature of islam equivalent 'heaven'.
>
> What is their purpose ?
>

> [WS:] And following this line of thought, what is it exactly that awaits
> women in islam's equivalent of "heaven," if they get there at all?
>
> Wojtek

In Islam Heaven is a place of great sensual and sexual pleasure. You would probably find few literate, modern Muslims that believe in the literal truth of the 70 virgin story.

Matt

-- PGP RSA Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0xAFF35DF2 yahoo msg: beyondzero123 http://blogdayafternoon.com

In small proportions we just beauties see, And in short measures life may perfect be.

-Ben Jonson