[lbo-talk] Re: How easy is it to get polonium 210?

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 2 04:26:03 PST 2006

--- JBrown72073 at cs.com wrote:

> How does Occam's Razor fare when the phenomenon
> you're studying involves the
> possibility, or likelihood, of consciously-designed
> deception?
>
> Jenny Brown

According to Occam's Razor, every con man is telling the truth, and stage magicians are really casting spells.

I was going to go on a rant about how practically all criminal investigations are comparisons of rival conspiracy theories, and how ridiculous it is for the media to pass judgment on it, then I was going to throw in some rhetoric about how hard it must be to get the bloodstains out of the carpet at the BBC after Berezovsky and Bazaev make appearances there there, and then I was going to point out how the conventional wisdom Western press has been wrong EVERY SINGLE TIME wrt Russia (remember how Chechnya was supposed to be unwinnable? The Yukos Affair was supposed to collapse the Russian economy? The Orange Revolutions were supposed to be great democratic leaps forward? Yes you do. All were wrong. Wrong. Wrong. And I said so at the time.). There might be a reason for its perennial wrongness. I thought about adding how people who diverge from that wisdom, which is highly funded from various known sources, tend to lose their jobs, like Anatole Lieven. But I just don't have the energy. And frankly I've given up. I long ago resigned to the fact that ignorance will win out over knowledge.

Frankly, one would be better off reading the Silmarrilion than the Western foreign press core. Or just making up stories yourself. Or reading entrails.

____________________________________________________________________________________ Have a burning question? Go to www.Answers.yahoo.com and get answers from real people who know.