[lbo-talk] over-posting

bitch bitch at pulpculture.org
Sat Dec 2 22:05:25 PST 2006

At 12:45 AM 12/3/2006, Jim Straub wrote:
>Are there people who are on this list all day long?
>
>Proposal: the single operational guideline that could most immediately
>improve the US left would be a self-imposed limit by leftists on 1. the
>ratio of conversations, socializing and discussion with other radicals as
>opposed to with the other 98% of people; and 2. the amount of computer
>discussion engaged in period.
>
>Having asserted that, I shall begin preparing a post of computer
>discussion with leftists.

I don't know about anyone else here, but my conversations here have sometimes been trial balloons for other convos elsewhere. I have learned an incredible amount and grown a great deal in my thinking over the years by sparring with, for instance, Yoshie and Carrol. I think Carrol has, perhaps, been most instrumental -- and his arguments most on target about what it takes to have these conversations -- than anyone else here.

"You know how it is, come for the animal porn, stay for the cultural analysis." -- Michael Berube

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org