[lbo-talk] LBO Russophiles:

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 3 06:21:03 PST 2006

I think the eXile article by Kirill Pankratov I posted yesterday sums things up pretty nicely. Basically you have a cop with some connections to the FSB (not a "spy") who becomes an asset of the Mafia kingpin Berezovsky who is in exile in London. Berezovsky really wants to get back into power, so he's been engaging in an anti-Russian PR campaign for the past 6 years or so. The ex-cop (Litvinenko) spins himself as an insider and works for Berezovsky spinning wild tales about the evil Russian regime nobody listens to. Then the ex-cop gets poisoned by an exceedingly weird substance. All else is speculation.

My original guess was that Berezovsky killed up to damage Putin and make his own extradition back to Russia impossible or very difficult. But that would be risky. Now I'm leaning more toward some kind of mafia hit, since we know that L. had connections in that world. But I'm really in the dark.