[lbo-talk] LBO Russophiles

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Dec 3 08:45:29 PST 2006

My friend Julia has more insights into Litvinenko in today's Observer:

"He told me shamelessly of his blackmailing plans aimed at Russian oligarchs. 'They have got enough, why not to share? I will do it officially,' he said. ... So we carried on walking, Litvinenko regaling me with more stories about his war against the Kremlin. 'Every time I publish something on the Chechen press website, I piss them off. One day they will understand who I am!' he said. Some of his emails were confidential documents from the FSB, the successor to the KGB; others were his own writings for the Chechen press. Many of his 'political' texts were too obviously rants to take seriously: one of his wildest claims was that Putin was a paedophile." Read the full story at: http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,1962762,00.html