[lbo-talk] Not in Search of the "Salt of the Earth" (Re: TimetoGet Religion)

Michael Hoover mhhoover at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 10:12:57 PST 2006

On 12/2/06, Yoshie Furuhashi <critical.montages at gmail.com> wrote:
> secular leftists don't understand religious leftists

above reference to 'secular leftists' (sls) might be dismissive of some (many? most?) non-religious folks that i've worked with in florida given that our pool of people is so small as to be insignificant...

anyway, my experience suggests that sls most dismissive of/antagonistic toward relgious folks are among most politically ineffective...

on other hand, i'd point out that religious people do not necessarily understand sls, perhaps, inattentive/insensitive to sls is better wat to put it, i've been at many events/meetings over the years where religious folks have acted as if everyone in attendance was motivated by religious/spiritual belief/faith/calling... mh