[lbo-talk] Time to Get Religion

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Dec 3 13:18:59 PST 2006

Dennis Perrin wrote:

> Actually, Noam's spoken very highly about and has worked with many
> religious social activists, so I don't know what you're on about here.
> And I would take care in conflating Chuck's concept of anarchism with
> Noam's -- the former is much more about dissing The Man than is the latter.

I also have a long history of doing political work with religious leftists.

What Angelus can't understand is that I have a right to articulate my anti-religious views. I'm not going to keep my opinions in the closet in order to curry a false solidarity with religious leftists. It would be disrespectful to religious leftists to not be up front about my own opinions on religion.

And where in this conversation about religion have I cited anarchism? I've expressed my personal hostility towards religion here. Angelus is attacking my anarchism instead of dealing with my personal opinions on religion and left pandering to people who believe in fairy tales.

Chuck

-------------------------- Bread and Roses Web Design serving small businesses, non-profits, artists and activists http://www.breadandrosesweb.com/