[lbo-talk] Religion and the Left: An Alternative View

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Dec 3 20:12:40 PST 2006

B. wrote:
> Anthony Kennerson wrote:
>
>>Chuck's blasts about how religion as a whole is
>
> merely
>
>>An opiate for fools....

> Maybe not an opiate for fools -- but just untrue.

I never said anything about religion being an opiate for fools.

Religion is a bunch of made up nonsense that has no basis in reality. Like Santa Claus and Cthulu.

People need to be challenged on their religious beliefs.

I'll respect people's religious beliefs and spirituality when I live in a more secular society that is freer of religious meddling in my life.

And as Anthony points out, religion still has horrendous control over our sexuality and sex lives. I'd like to be more free to express and enjoy my sexuality without some motherfucking government-run vice squad making the *one* local sex club homeless.

Fuck it! How about some direct action? Orgy in the pews!

Chuck -------------------------- Bread and Roses Web Design serving small businesses, non-profits, artists and activists http://www.breadandrosesweb.com/