[lbo-talk] Women, Religion, and Secular Leftists (was Rabbi Lerner's address on TV!)

bitch bitch at pulpculture.org
Mon Dec 4 09:54:31 PST 2006

At 10:46 AM 12/4/2006, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>I do know who submits articles to MR and/or MRZine. Overwhelmingly
>men! (The sex ratio in submission is far worse than the sex ratio in
>publication.)

time. men, by and large, have better employment circumstances and can afford to publish solely to be heard in a way that women as a group do not. ditto for email lists. if these lists didn't inadvertently assist me in my work, i wouldn't be a member. if the blog didn't turn out to be a way to get what few clients i have better indexing from google, then i'd have shut it down months ago. alas, it could possibly help me make a living. as for chuck's questions, the research mostly shows that it has to do with time, which is generally a much more scarce commodity: women do more of the housework, do far more of the childcare work, and often have to work a job and a half to earn the wage a man does (we're talking comparisons as a group, not of individuals).