[lbo-talk] UN: Richest 2% of adults own more than half of global household wealth

bitch bitch at pulpculture.org
Tue Dec 5 06:46:57 PST 2006

Weird. I haven't investigated the link further as of yet, but this was the same stat they used in a poli sci textbook for an intro course in 1985?! I take it pioneering must be in terms of their methodology. I remember that, the other thing they'd said was that, were we to disburse the world's wealth evenly, everyone would have $60k a year -- which was a fuckload of money in 1985. Of course my libertarian and sexually harassing prof was quick to explain that things would not quite work out that way because communism would mean that people wouldn't work as hard, yadda yadda.

At 08:26 AM 12/5/2006, you wrote:
>[URL at the bottom - B.]
>Pioneering Study Show Richest 2% own Half World Wealth
>http://www.wider.unu.edu/research/2006-2007/2006-2007-1/wider-wdhw-launch-5-12-2006/wider-wdhw-media-launch-5-12-2006.htm

"Scream-of-consciousness prose, peppered with sociological observations, political ruminations, and in-yore-face colloquial assaults."

-- Dennis Perrin, redstateson.blogspot.com

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org