[lbo-talk] 800 Vegas Nurses Locked Out!

Jim Straub rustbeltjacobin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 11:11:04 PST 2006

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2006/Dec-05-Tue-2006/news/11221806.html

As our contract fight with our biggest-worst here in Nevada reaches a climax, Universal Health Systems pre-empted a nurses strike by locking everyone out and building a wall around one of their hospitals. About 600 nurses picketing every day now until the company caves in on the short-staffing that puts patients lives at risk. This company has been fighting the workers to a degree I've really never seen first hand before, firing people, bringing docs and management to picket the union hall, bringing in not just union busters but a thug with a record of gun-running.

I'll be forwarding along off-the-record stories and anecdotes, and info about how the public can support.

Jim -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20061205/8a3b8d02/attachment.htm>