[lbo-talk] bloodsuckers at work

Nick C. Woomer-Deters nwoomer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 21:50:38 PST 2006

On 12/5/06, andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Maybe it is because so many of us, at least high
> profile lawyers of the big firm sort I used to be
> (granted I was never high profile) serve the interests
> of the rich and powerful. But how does that set us
> apart from most people in most professions? And most
> lawyers, of course, do not fall into those
> classification, but toil in the trenches for
> $60,000-$90,000 a year, the high end being marginally
> comfortable but hardly the wealth of Midas.

...And don't forget public interest lawyers, who often make substantially less than $60,000/yr. but we still have to pay off the same loans our much higher paid colleagues have to. My wife and I both work for non-profits and between the two of us, we have about $200K in law school loans. It's pretty awesome. :->

-N