[lbo-talk] [Justiceforbrad] Revolutionary Tourism Indeed

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Dec 6 08:13:10 PST 2006

Does anybody know if this piece is meant for public consumption? Because if it is, I'd like to publish it at Infoshop News to cool the heels of some of our young readers who might make the same mistake.

I can understand why many young people are drawn to visit places like Chiapas, but how do you tell them that they can be more effective by staying home in the U.S. and causing trouble for the American empire on its home turf?

I'm acquainted with one of the people who was arrested in this account. My impression is that he is a serious, dedicated young Indymedia activist, but who is getting in over his head with these trips. He didn't strike me as the young macho type looking for some journalist hot zone.

Chuck