[lbo-talk] Time to Get Religion

Alex zap_path at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 6 01:08:02 PST 2006

I'd also like to add that the use of fancy language to dress up bad ideas is not at all confined to writing about politics. Engineering papers that describe an unoriginal or unimpressive idea typically use a lot of technical language, have plenty of equations, and cite lots of references. Good papers are typically much easier to read as a good idea stands on its own. Of course, sometimes difficult writing really is needed, but my impression is that people are often intentionally unclear as plain language would expose their ideas for what they are.

-Alex