[lbo-talk] 2008 POTUS!

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Wed Dec 6 11:15:15 PST 2006

Since Doug expressed great displeasure towards on-list 2008 POTUS speculation, my rebellious side compels me to post these bits:

Gallup (2006.11.27) says Clinton tops the list of whom people would like to see as 2008 POTUS: Clinton 15%, McCain 11%, Obama 6%, Giuiliani 5%.

But a good 55% would like to see Hillary not run at all! Others to crack the 50 mark: Rice, Gore, Kerry, Gussie Fink-Nottle's one true love, Romney, Allen.

According to Newsweek (2006.11.09) 10% of registered voters have no idea who Giuliani is. Another 10% have no idea about McCain. 34% are unaware of the Obama phenom.

In almost all polls large chunks of folks (absolute majorities) would like to not see Edwards, Kerry or Gore run. Is this because of the US attitude about "losers"?

--ravi

For Carrol: POTUS = president of the US, Gussie Fink-Nottle's one true love = newts.