[lbo-talk] Prose Style, was Time to Get Religion

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 6 11:17:18 PST 2006

Unlike Butler or Derrida, Foucault writes plain, clear, dull, workmanlike prose. He's not a literary master like Wilson or Russell (the latter a Nobel Prize Winner for Literature), but few are, so talking of the "the style" of literary masters is sort of unfair. But Foucault is not unnecessarily obscure, jargonistic, etc. Zizek is often lucid and sparkling, but he can lapse into Lacanspeak, and then he loses me.