[lbo-talk] Reyes: send more troops

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Wed Dec 6 13:13:17 PST 2006

Brad Delong wrote:

> It seems to me that the more troops we have, the less of our troops
> will die because there will be more people to catch IEDs, find
> insurgents, save injured troops etc.

Two points. (1) The insurgents are 70% of the Iraqi population. Unless the US is willing to murder 19 million human beings, the occupation is doomed.

(2) The insurgents are just beginning to figure out urban warfare. Once they get hold of large numbers of anti-tank weapons, they'll do to the US exactly what Hezbollah did to the Israeli invaders.

Out, out, out. Get out NOW.

-- DRR