[lbo-talk] Time to Get Religion

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 7 06:54:50 PST 2006

On 12/6/06, Chuck <chuck at mutualaid.org> wrote:
> The free software movement is essentially a big example of anarchism in
> action. This was first pointed out in the late 90s and is more true
> today given the ongoing developments in free/open source software. As
> much as I've been burned by Wikipedia, I'll point out that it is very
> much a successful example of collaborative anarchy.

Yeah, in fact you can often see offtopic flamewars spontanously erupt about capitalist vs. anarchist modes of production (not in those fancy words, of course). There's at least one going on right now. http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/browse_frm/thread/74c79856f46e6071/83ce343cb93e9f48#83ce343cb93e9f48

Interestingly, the central government types are completely absent. There's no one saying, "Well, replace copyright with straight gov't funding!"

Tayssir