Foucault & Chmsky ( Was Re: [lbo-talk] Prose Style, was Time to Get Religion)

bitch bitch at pulpculture.org
Thu Dec 7 15:57:10 PST 2006

> what was the quote from Foucault which makes you
> > > think this about Foucault?
> > > you asked a question, you didn't quote F. do you
> > > have quotes from his work
> > > in general where F says anything to back this up?
>

>OK, a quick internet search turned up this totally
>typical quote,
>
>"There are no relations of power without resistance."
>Michel Foucault, in Colin Gordeon (ed.).
>Power/Knowledge - Selected Interviews and Other
>Wiritings 1972-1977, Brighton: Harvester Press (1980),
>p. 142

what would this have to do with human nature? and what does it have to do with the vid. you didn't have to hunt down quotes, though I muchly appreciate it. what about the vid. where does he say there's a human nature? (the first is a rhetorical question. Iknow what it has to do with it. The internet makes me blonder than I appear. Failure to heed such warning could cause accidents and crambe repetita!)

if what you're saying is, foucault says he doesn't say there's a human nature, but i am going to argue that it's implicit in his claim (like the one above) that is a whole 'nother kettle of fish that requires an actual argument on your part.

(and in that case, I'd actually agree with you: which is why I said that chomsky could have creamed foucault if he's understood the terrain of the debate! he could cream him for other reasons as well, but to pretend that each held to the same premises is what utterly annoyed me watching that discussion!)

bimboistically,

Bitch -- thanks for honoring my wishes! -- Lab!