[lbo-talk] George Clooney keen on acting in Bollywood

Sujeet Bhatt sujeet.bhatt at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 01:11:04 PST 2006

http://www.businessofcinema.com/?file=story&id=2018

George Clooney keen on acting in Bollywood By Businessofcinema.com Team 8 December 2006, 01:13 AM

MUMBAI: Hollywood actor George Clooney has shown a keen interest in working in a Bollywood film with the song-and-dance routine intact.

"I'd love to. There are some filmmakers whose films, when you see (them) you say, "That could be an interesting story to tell," the 45-year-old actor said in an interview, confirms Hollywood.tv founder Sheeraz Hasan.

Clooney said he's a fan of Bollywood and is impressed by the way it has expanded. "I was watching a film the other day and the music was just amazing. It's become such a huge industry," he said.

"There is a small market in the United States as of now, but it will be fun if it catches on because it is such a positive way of looking at filmmaking and I really love that. I truly think it's fun," Clooney added.

"It seems like the Indian filmmakers are pushing boundaries in terms of pushing the censors. I think it's (Bollywood) an interesting place for filmmakers to go," he said.

Clooney won a best supporting actor Oscar for 2005's Syriana. At a recent Hollywood function, Hasan even promised to send Clooney some latest DVDs from Bollywood. Clooney's upcoming movie, The Good German, will be released by Warner Bros. in the United States later this month. It will be released in India next year.

Are Indian producers listening?