[lbo-talk] Abbas: unity talks with Hamas at 'dead end'

uvj at vsnl.com uvj at vsnl.com
Fri Dec 8 07:10:26 PST 2006

Reuters.com

News > World Crises >Article

Abbas: unity talks with Hamas at 'dead end' http://today.reuters.com/News/CrisesArticle.aspx?storyId=L30648321&WTmodLoc=IntNewsHome_C4_Crises-5

Thu 30 Nov 2006

JERICHO, West Bank, Nov 30 (Reuters) - Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said on Thursday that talks on a unity government with Hamas are at a dead end.

"Unfortunately we are at a dead end," Abbas after meeting in the West Bank city of Jericho with U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

"For eight or nine months, the Palestinian people have gone without salaries, but unfortunately we have not reached an agreement," Abbas added.

© Reuters 2006. All Rights Reserved.