[lbo-talk] ISG, PS

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Dec 8 08:52:09 PST 2006

On Dec 8, 2006, at 11:29 AM, Michael Hoover wrote:

> i heard panetta say that the u.s. has a reputation in the middle east
> for being *forthright* and *above aboard*, he didn't, however, use
> phrase *straight-shooter*...

Ha. When you shoot a few billion rounds - what's the bullet count in Iraq? it's in the billions, right? - you don't have to shoot straight. You just shoot a lot.

Forthright and above board? What planet do these people live on? Do they really believe this? I'm guessing, given the recent thread on ideology, the answer is yes.

Doug