[lbo-talk] why the water will soon be around our ankles

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 20:35:28 PST 2006

On 12/11/06, Jerry Monaco <monacojerry at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sean was replying to me here!

> It had little or nothing to do with you and I apologize profusely for requiring you to
> write a long polemic against my self-irony.

Right. I knew that. I was just so pleased to be the chosen mirror onto which you could refract your momentary desire I couldn't help but respond with the most frothingly materialist-jargon porn to raise the level of your satisfaction to the point that you would surely forget fans even existed.

(Obviously I had exhasted my own self-irony and had only my stock of self-importance to draw on for reply--but I also think I was replying to another post near the bottom, which is obviously lost in the variety of threads on that subject of ideology and/or complex language used to discuss it as a concept.)

> Or maybe no one got the reference to Jack Benny. Rather obscure I
> admit. But it was in the service of art.

I'll admit I haven't the faintest idea what the reference meant. I know Jack Benny's a comedian, but if it was a joke, I didn't get it. I'm sure it was funny though.