[lbo-talk] Mallard Fillmore creator arrested for DUI and public drunkeness

John Costello joxn.costello at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 21:46:29 PST 2006

I was just reading the Sunday funnies and was wondering what could possibly explain the vortex of humorlessness that is Mallard Fillmore.

And now we have an answer: http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061211/LOCAL/61211035/-1/topstoriesrecache

A friend of mine who is also a professional cartoonist comments, "If I had to draw Mallard Fillmore, I'd be driven to drink, too."

-- John S Costello joxn.costello at gmail.com "As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such twilight that we all must be most aware of change in the air--however slight--lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness." -- Justice William O. Douglas