[lbo-talk] technical conditions approach

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Dec 13 12:33:55 PST 2006

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> [WS:] I think it varies and coincides, ironically, with voting pattern.
> "Blue" areas, especially the cities, on average tend to dress better and
> look better (with few exceptions, e.g. Baltimore), whereas "red" areas
> (suburban and rural "Middle America") tend to look as you described.

I beg to differ. I commuted in Washington, DC for years riding the Metro. I was constantly amazed at the slobs and the so-called "business attire" that I would see during commuting hours. People out here in the Kansas City tend to dress up more, although their attire can be rather dull and imaginative. People dress more casual during weekends and while on vacation. I've seen this myself working local fairs and festivals this past fall.

Chuck -------------------------- Bread and Roses Web Design serving small businesses, non-profits, artists and activists http://www.breadandrosesweb.com/