[lbo-talk] poor underpaid CEOs

Jerry Monaco monacojerry at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 08:10:27 PST 2006

> On Dec 13, 2006, at 9:24 PM, Jerry Monaco wrote:
>
> > The
> > next issue will feature an article arguing that we should bring back
> > slavery, but perhaps only in extreme circumstances.
>
> Slavery is inefficient! From a purely business point of view, I mean.
> For efficiency, you can't beat free labor.
>
> Doug

1) Is it always inefficient?

2) Then convince the slaves that they are "volunteers."

3) A modest proposal: Treat the labor power and bodies of people as a "bundle of property rights" and then you can contract for the future use and/or destruction of their eyes, kidneys, livers, hearts, lungs, etc. and get rid of them when they are useless. What a great way to treat the prison population or not have to worry about the health of a mine worker.

4) Buying and selling babies seems to be on the table, esp. for the likes of Posner. Not slavery exactly but a nice step forward.

Jerry