[lbo-talk] Union: DHS Raids Grabbed Legal Workers

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 11:39:44 PST 2006

There's hardly any identity "theft" among the workers. Workers develop systems with the management's tacit approval to give them deniability when they employ illegal workers.

The Republicans have done a magnificent job of camouflaging their real attitude towards illegal immigrants which is "We Want More!". Their overt and appalling racism shouldn't blind one to the fact that illegals are profitable, plain and simple. For decades Republicans have stymied efforts to create a verifiable ID system so that employers could be held responsible for their actions.

I would have a lot more sympathy for the union position here if they had a real organizing effort in Mexico that would get people union cards BEFORE they come to America. Otherwise, these unions are just encouraging a two-tier system.

boddi