Contradiction, Marx vs. Foucault (Was Re: [lbo-talk] Slaves and their instruments - was/ poor underpaid CEOs)

bitch bitch at pulpculture.org
Sat Dec 16 20:39:03 PST 2006

>(It's been a long time since I've touted my own work
>on this list, but haven't I sent you the papers I've
>written on this subject? I am sure that I have. If
>not, I can have them PDF'd and email them to you if
>you like. Anyone else who wants to see, too.)

oooh ooh! pick me mr. kotter. pick me! I have all the hardcopies, but I'd lurv the PDFs since I'm a lazy ass and hate clearing off the scanner (upon which R keeps every lovin' thing he ever comes across). But only send 'em if you are doing it for someone else. no need to go out of your way.

(ps think u have foucault leetle teensy weensy wrong re total systems but you are right about internal contradictions w/in class society, etc. etc. foucault has his own way out of the dilemma of course and those who paint him as offering up some total system where we can never get outside of power are mistaken. f likes to fancy that he offers an alternative to a marxian standpoint theory -- a standpoint theory that had become popularized in the 20th c., though not necessarily the best reading of marx, IMO. on that score, foucault's criticism of the freudo-marxists is spot on i think. more later.)

"You know how it is, come for the animal porn, stay for the cultural analysis." -- Michael Berube

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org