Contradiction, Marx vs. Foucault (Was Re: [lbo-talk] Slaves and their instruments - was/ poor underpaid CEOs)

bitch bitch at pulpculture.org
Sun Dec 17 08:35:02 PST 2006

At 11:50 PM 12/16/2006, andie nachgeborenen wrote:

>Would like to hear more on your ideas about Foucault.
>However, that's clearly Miles' reading of Foucault,
>even if it's wrong. My old papers involve an
>articulation and defense of standpoint reading, but
>that's the expression the Old Man uses -- see the
>Theses on Feuerbach.

yah. would be natural, as I've often explained at the blog, 'coz of Hegelian influence. what it has devolved into during the 20th c., though, was the great search for "the subject of history" -- the most oppressed group is considered, somehow, "the" standpoint. but as you know, it was more than simply a standpoint, but also political practice. (I find reading the early Catherine MacKinnon interesting as she struggles through exactly this. If you wanna talk structuralist in the extreme, read her stuff. yeowsa!)

what i've written on foucault is all at blog, just search foucault. archived here, too. won't bore the list with another rendition.

i was going to do a foucault seminar at the request of a few people. haven't had time.

but it is cool to see all the frantic searches onthese topics from various .edu locations. I need to make customized message asking them to get back to me after they lift my stuff. i'd like to know if they score an A on their papers. HAH!

"You know how it is, come for the animal porn, stay for the cultural analysis." -- Michael Berube

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org