[lbo-talk] Ticktin was right

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 17 15:26:33 PST 2006

My point addressed only his apparent attribution of a total opposition of the population to the bureaucracy, which is false, and I would guess arises from an uncritcal appropriation of what Trotsky said about conditions in the Soviet Union ("the bureaucracy" vs. "the masses"). I do not know enough about his other views to have an opinion, and in any case have very serious doubts that the Soviet system was capable of doing more than it did (broadly speaking). I don't think "democratizing" it would have done much, though, if that were all that was done.