[lbo-talk] Rafsanjani Back in Charge?

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 07:28:21 PST 2006

> On Dec 17, 2006, at 2:06 AM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
> > Rafsanjani back in charge? Shit. -- Yoshie
>
> With a heavy turnout too! Maybe Iranians like divided government - or
> maybe they tired of Adhmadinejad's posturing and failure to deliver
> on his economic promises (which, as Hamid Dabashi said on my radio
> show the other night - to be posted to the web archive tomorrow - he
> lacks both the resources and political power to make good on).

I've yet to see any breakdown of votes in the Assembly of Experts and municipal elections, but it looks to me to be a revenge of conservative clerics, technocrats, and bourgeoisie, rather than a resurgence of neoliberal reformists. In any case, the worst enemy of Iran is Iran. :->

BTW, I love Hamid Dabashi, as well as Ervand Abrahamian and Valentine Moghadam. Is Professor Dabashi cute? (You can let me know offlist if you want. :->) -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>