[lbo-talk] The Second Looting of New Orleans

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Dec 18 15:28:23 PST 2006

Steven L. Robinson wrote:
> So the quarrel is with the CounterPunch website/publication generally.
> But apparently not with the article posted which was by a former
> resident of NOLA and whose work has appeared or has been cited in other
> forums as well, as no evidence of poor fact checking or general
> inaccuracy has been pointed out. The author is no neo-nazi or
> conspiracist (judging from his other work and his political
> affiliation). What it seems to boil down to is that Woj, Doss and
> Pugliese don't like Cockburn and Saint Clair, and that fact alone
> discredits everything they or their contributors say - At least the
> Spartacist League take more trouble to address the substance of their
> opponent's arguments than what I have seen in this thread. SR

No kidding. What is the beef people have with the article?

People complain about Counterpunch being a "tabloid" when this list is having a discussion about Christopher Hitchens' penis? It must be the week before Christmas. Some of you have been drinking a bit too much at your office parties.

I'm in regular contact with somebody who is doing relief and rebuilding work in New Orleans. Anybody want me to run this article by that person?

Chuck -------------------------- Bread and Roses Web Design serving small businesses, non-profits, artists and activists http://www.breadandrosesweb.com/