[lbo-talk] Goldman pays boss $54m

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 19 20:21:30 PST 2006

>From: Doug Henwood <DHENWOOD at PANIX.COM>
>
>WSJ.com - December 20, 2006
>
>Goldman's Blankfein Gets Street's Biggest Paycheck
>By RANDALL SMITH
>
>... A former tax lawyer and gold salesman who rose to become head of the
>firm's fixed-income, currency and commodities division in 1998, the
>52-year-old Mr. Blankfein epitomizes Goldman's risk-taking culture. ...

I see the "taking" part of this culture here, but I don't see any "risk."

Of course as a general rule, the is-ness of business is a lot of oughtn't-ness.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Get FREE Web site and company branded e-mail from Microsoft Office Live http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0050001411mrt/direct/01/