[lbo-talk] Paradox

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 20 14:08:02 PST 2006

Eh, that was a long time ago when they had lingering colonialist delusions. (I leave the Brits, who are still still suffering from these, out of the picture.) I think Europcop would go in for minimal intervention of a mostly peacekeeping sort -- hard to getthe support of the populations for anything else. ALso the Europeans would be unwilling to pony up for huge military establishments. All this is idle, as I said, they are happy to let us do their dirty work. I agree with Carrol that US Out Of Everywhere is a good slogan. I am not so optimistic about the results of civil wars in the modern era. By which I include the last 200 years. Who won the US civil war? And did things turn out so well?