[lbo-talk] How to Deconstruct Almost Anything

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 21 13:34:01 PST 2006

Jerry wrote:

>But my own views are pragmatic at times, non-theoretical,
>descriptive, limited, and historical.

Why is saying "my own views" not a problem but talking about "reading" is? A phrase like "my own views" is theoretical and rests on a centuries old tradition of privileging sight, tied in with a belief that god expressed his presence in the world through light. I could go on but you get the idea.

"Even the most practical man of affairs is usually in the thrall of the ideas of some long dead economist."

J.M. Keynes