[lbo-talk] Hillis Miller on de Man, Marx, & the Internet

bitch bitch at pulpculture.org
Fri Dec 22 10:08:38 PST 2006

At 12:39 PM 12/22/2006, Carl Remick wrote:
>>From: joanna <123hop at comcast.net>
>>
>>bitch wrote:
>>
>>>and what the hell with the blow job thing. y'all are not keeping my
>>>spirits up and I'm very disappointed. get to work!
>>
>>As one of two women regularly writing to this list, I feel, hmmmm, self
>>conscious talking about that.
>
>That's why they call it a hmmmm-er.
>
>Ho ho ho,
>
>Carl

people! you can do better than that! is a blow job inherently oppressive, yes or no? Is it so gross, that it can never be an act between equal. must blowjobs be abolished in the name of liberation.

i mean,just at the heart of the whole thing, her statement (one Twsity Faster), is kind of annoying in so far as it wipes out the existence of male hummer performers.

also, let's just do the semiotics of blow jobs. Is it ever the case that popular culture represents a blow job as anything other than demeaning to women. See, after thinking about ti and interviewing testosterone central, I think not. hummers are always represented as a demeaning act produced by someone submissive. what the fuck is up with that!?

it's wrong!

"You know how it is, come for the animal porn, stay for the cultural analysis." -- Michael Berube

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org