[lbo-talk] How to Deconstruct Almost Anything

Ted Winslow egwinslow at rogers.com
Fri Dec 22 13:23:51 PST 2006

Carrol Cox wrote:

> The intention behind almost _any_ particular act is the intention of
> some isolated, "autonomous," agent such as Matt's boss, trying to get
> through the day with as little hassle as possible. My guess is that
> Matt's boss stuck to the unintelligible version mostly because her
> best
> estimate was that it was less apt to get her into trouble with _her_
> boss than Matt's revision. We have a complex of relations determining
> the parameters of her decision, including those fundamental relations
> that create the "dot-like" existence of the mere free worker in
> capitalist society.

How do you make this construction of "almost _any_ particular act" consistent with the political acts of the millions who support the Bush administration's Middle East policies because they believe they presage their entry into "Rapture". These folks seem to be doing something other than "just themselves trying to survive in it ['the World we are born with']".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,3604,1195568,00.html

Ted