[lbo-talk] blowjob

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 23 11:15:28 PST 2006

bitch wrote:

>i mean,just at the heart of the whole thing, her statement (one Twsity
>Faster), is kind of annoying in so far as it wipes out the existence of
>male hummer performers.
>
>also, let's just do the semiotics of blow jobs. Is it ever the case that
>popular culture represents a blow job as anything other than demeaning to
>women. See, after thinking about ti and interviewing testosterone central,
>I think not. hummers are always represented as a demeaning act produced by
>someone submissive. what the fuck is up with that!?
>
>it's wrong!

Very wrong. I would say something about male gaze but it's too close to the holidays to start another argument with stop signs.

I can attest to liberatory aspects of blowjobs. When you see them performed in gay bars south of Folsom in San Francisco, either in semi-public, i.e. you catch a glimpse when the bathroom door swings open, or in full-public, i.e. you walk into the bathroom, you feel a blow has been struck for freedom.

On the other hand, as a girlfriend used to tell me, "there's a reason they call it a job."