[lbo-talk] Re: Fidel

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 19:59:54 PST 2006

I haven't laughed so much in days. Silly me for not inserting some self-mocking emoticons.

On 12/23/06, andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:

> What do you object to in Holland:
>
> 1) social democracy

Nope. I'm essentially a social democrat. When I went to Western and Eastern Europe, the summer of '79 I saw well organized societies with little poverty, great transportation, well educated citizens in the social democracies and in Red Bologna ruled by the PCI. The GDR, where paintings of Stalin were still on housing complexes was horrid. Czechoslovakian were beaten down, Communist participants in the Prague Spring, despairing.

> 2) sexual "decadence"

I loved the Red Light District. Want some sexual decadence? I've got a hard drive full of porn and mp3's.

-- Michael Pugliese