[lbo-talk] DAMN IT WILL PEOPLE USE PLAIN TEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Sun Dec 24 08:42:37 PST 2006

At around 23/12/06 10:20 am, Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Dec 21, 2006, at 11:45 PM, ravi wrote:
>
>> when I have better access to the net (and hence Opera download)
>> than I do right now (14Kbps).
>
> My god, how can you stand it?

It's a horror, alright. Reminds me of the 1200/2400 baud days, except then the content was not 100s of KBytes :-(. I work offline in my mailreader and then connect up to send messages and sync down new ones. But working at such slow rates exposes all sorts of interesting race conditions and corner cases in the logic of the software you use. A second ago, my mailreader status message said "Downloading 2 of 1".

--ravi