[lbo-talk] Re: Fidel

Brian Charles Dauth magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Sun Dec 24 23:15:03 PST 2006

> In fact compared to U.S. sponsored and created "death squad
democracies" and terror regimes through-out Latin America -- Brazil, Argentina, Columbia, El Salvador, Guatemala, -- Cuba was a human rights haven.

For non-queers.

> The amount of hypocrisy that is evidenced by U.S. intellectuals
> criticizing
Cuba for human rights violations after the campaign of terror that our tax dollars sponsored against Cuba is more evidence of the inability of our

intellectual culture, an inability to even conceive of the meaning of "responsibility".

What about the irresponsibility of reamining silent when queers are persecuted?

> Good, go ahead, "admit" the human rights violations in Cuba, even blame
Cuba for them.

Who else is to blame? Was there some outside force that compelled Cuba to persecute queers?

> Stop or try to stop our country from sponsoring human rights violations in
> Cuba.

And how is that going to help queers? The persecution started at the outset of the revolution.

> Every terrorist act, and attempt at economic destruction, sponsored by the
> U.S. in
Cuba is a human rights violation.

Who said they weren't?

> We will continue to live in the Republic of Hypocrisy in the near future
> until most of
us realize that the country we are responsible for is the United States not Cuba.

I believe in queer solidarity which you may not experience as a non-queer.

> At the moment, as far as I cans see, the only enemy is at home.

So those who persecute queers are not enemies?

Brian