[lbo-talk] How to Deconstruct Almost Anything

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Mon Dec 25 07:54:34 PST 2006

At around 23/12/06 1:23 am, Jerry Monaco wrote:

> I think certain kinds of ways of thinking are harmful...
>
> I don't like institutions that perpetuate intellectual priesthoods.

This last point is perhaps the only reason I support (in some sense) pomo and all the related efforts. It seems to me that they are the only people questioning today's intellectual priests. They may be wrong, and they may even be of the same type as those they criticise, but I believe there is a net benefit. Given that some of the current high[est] priests are a necessary evil (mostly), my best bet to keep them in check is to create and support alternate religions!

A word of clarification: in my earlier rant against the anti-pomo crusaders, I did not take the trouble to make it clear that I was referring in particular to certain characters (Sokal, Weinberg, Levitt, and that crowd), not LBO members ... in particular, not my good friend Jerry!

--ravi