[lbo-talk] The Immigrant and The Progressive

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Mon Dec 25 14:57:37 PST 2006

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> If you want to find Juan, try going to Bourbon Street, where he's
> still getting up early to do his part to rebuild the history of a
> movement, a country built by immigrants of all colors.

Without supporting immigrant rights, the working class cannot win. The working class loses because the ruling class succeeds in dividing it by race, gender, and legality.

No left activist would dream of denying the importance of minority rights for people of color or for women, but the rights of immigrants are not seen to fall into the same category. This is a pity because they do.

Apologies beforehand if this seems lame and obvious, but the essence of teaching is repetition, and today I am indulging myself.

Joanna