[lbo-talk] Have a happy and merry December 25

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 25 20:51:42 PST 2006

>From: Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu>
>
>I don't know if this has ever been confirmed or disconfirmed, but some
>years ago I read a speculation to the effect that Newton's really nasty
>personality stemmed from mercury poisoning.

Nasty or just plain nuts? E.g., "In one experiment, to prove that colour perception is caused by pressure on the eye, Newton slid a darning needle around the side of his eye until he could poke at its rear side, dispassionately noting 'white, darke & coloured circles' so long as he kept stirring with 'ye bodkin.'" <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Newton's_middle_years>

Odd's bodkin so to speak.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ The MSN Entertainment Guide to Golden Globes is here. Get all the scoop. http://tv.msn.com/tv/globes2007/