[lbo-talk] Cuban quarantine probably saved lives of many gay men; U.S. "liberty" killed many

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sat Dec 30 19:13:14 PST 2006

Charles Brown wrote:

> What do Brian and Doug have to say about that ?
>
> America's "freedom" = death and sickness for many gay men.
> Cuba's quarantine = life and health for many gay Cuban men.

The obvious difference is that in the U.S. in the 1980s the religious right wanted to use an AIDS quarantine to round up gay people.

I remember a protest we did at the University of Kansas during that time

against this right wing doctor named Paul Cameron (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Cameron_%28researcher%29).

Chuck