[lbo-talk] Grand Canyon ain't so old

Alex zap_path at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 30 22:23:58 PST 2006

--- Kevin Robert Dean <Qualiall at Adelphia.Net> wrote:

> For Immediate Release: December 28, 2006
> Contact: Carol Goldberg (202) 265-7337
>
> HOW OLD IS THE GRAND CANYON? PARK SERVICE WON’T SAY — Orders to Cater to
> Creationists Makes National Park Agnostic on Geology

I didn't notice the creationist book, but the story about the park service not discussing the age of the Grand Canyon seems bogus. I was just at the canyon a few months ago. Not only did the rangers repeatedly discuss the age of geological features, but they also showed how to find the fossilized remains of ancient sea creatures.

-Alex